The worrisome case of three N.C. motel deaths in as many months, all in the same room, has at last been solved, although officials investigating the odd string of fatalities had already advised the public they had "nothing to fear."
On June 8th 2013, 11-year-old Jeffrey Lee Williams was discovered dead inside a motel room at the Best Western in Boone, North Carolina. Police arriving on the scene found his mother sprawled close by, still alive but unresponsive.
The boy died in the same fashion as an elderly couple in April -- from carbon monoxide poisoning.
Seems that particular room is situated right over the pump room for the adjacent pool, so this possibly faulty equipment is being tested as the likely source of the deadly but odorless fumes responsible for the otherwise mysterious N.C. motel deaths.
The deceased boy's 49-year-old mother, Jeannie Williams, is currently still in hospital. It's not clear if she's been informed yet that her son is dead.